Medical Sciences is one of the most preferred fields of education in Indian families. MBBS is a dream for many, but an ugly truth is that, the low number of seats available in government medical colleges proffers most aspirants into the cycle of entrance exams, thus wasting lots of their valuable years. On an average, only about 2% of students who appear in exams, gain an admission in governmental medical colleges. In such situation, they are faced with two very unfavorable options- either to wait for another year to appear in the competitive exam or to go for a private college. And most of the private medical colleges in India do not only lack in infrastructure, but also demands huge amount of money as tuition fees and donations.
On the other hand, there are vast arrays of medical educational opportunities available outside India. Every year, thousands of medical aspirants from India join a thriving community of doctors, researchers and medical students abroad. Some of the reasons they choose to study MBBS abroad are:
- Many medical universities abroad are MCI (Medical Council of India) recognized and WHO listed. Thus the degrees of these institutions are valid for practicing medicine in India and around the globe.
- Admission process in medical fields in most countries is based on subject excellence and student’s aptitude rather than a single day competitive exam.
- The fee structure is very affordable and do not include any extra donations, unlike many private medical institutes in India.
- The opportunities of employment in English speaking countries widens with global exposure because the demand for skilled medical workforce is high in most countries (including India).
Why Choose CIS Countries?
CIS countries, mainly, Kyrgyzstan, Ukraine, Russia and Kazakhstan have emerged as lucrative MBBS study abroad destinations for Indian students. There are two major reasons for this- ‘High Quality Medical Education by MCI recognized and WHO listed institution’ in ‘Most Affordable Prices’. For example, the lowest medical program in Kyrgyzstan starts from 12 lakhs (inclusive of accommodation charges, mess, etc.), while the same education in India will cost about 45 Lakhs. Not just this, the percentage of students who have studied from CIS universities and have cleared the MCI screening test after coming back to India is very high and appreciative. This reflects on their education quality.
Salient Features of MBBS in Kyrgyzstan:
- It has one of the oldest medical universities of central Asia, named Kyrgyzstan State Medical Academy, whose history and experience goes back to several decades.
- Kyrgyzstan has about 6 already MCI recognized and WHO listed and some more upcoming medical schools and colleges.
- Kyrgyzstan’s MBBS program spans across 6 years. Thus, giving students enough time to complete their degrees with ease and expertise and manage their time to prepare for PG, MCI Screening or FMGE tests alongside.
- Medical education in Kyrgyzstan is very affordable and wholly imparted in English Medium.
- o MBBS degree from Kyrgyzstan is highly valued in India and high percentage of students from there goes on to clear MCI screening tests ad FMGE here.
- MBBS programs in Kyrgyzstan offers advanced academic curriculum and includes modern training technologies with internships in clinical settings and an opportunity to work with patients and participate in surgeries.
- Some of the medical universities in Kyrgyzstan also provide academic assistance and coaching to students (by Indian professors) to prepare for MCI Screening test.